Our firm began in February, 1982 and is primarily based in New York City in our modern, fully equipped offices located on the 25th floor at 39 Broadway. We also have an office at 520 Westfield Avenue, Elizabeth, New Jersey. The lawyers in our firm have been practicing law for more than 30 years, with prior experience in public service, the business world, and other firms. Our attorneys have degrees in business as well as law. As a result, our firm has developed an innovative style in dealing with novel and difficult issues by calling upon the diverse perspectives and viewpoints available in order to deal with every aspect of a business or legal matter.
We are engaged in the general practice of business law. Our priorities are placed upon providing the highest quality legal work. We strive to give our clients prompt and individualized attention at the highest professional standards, with an emphasis on achieving timely and practical results and keeping costs at a reasonable level.
We have incorporated the most up-to-date technology into our practice in order to assist us in representing our clients. In addition to our extensive in-house law library, we have computerized links to computerized research databases. We also have computerized links to many of the courts that we practice in. We practice in the federal and state courts. We have represented clients in the Supreme Court of the United States, the federal Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits and the District and Bankruptcy Courts in those circuits. We have also represented clients at all levels of the state court systems in New York and New Jersey.
Among our primary areas of concentration are administrative law, appeals, arbitration, complex business litigation, corporate and business law, debtor and creditor rights, elder law, health care law and real estate law. Our clients include substantial industrial and retail companies, hospitals and nursing homes, as well as many active individual entrepreneurs, partnerships and smaller business organizations, both publicly owned and closely held.
We have experience in all types of dispute resolution procedures, from negotiation to arbitration to mediation to litigation.
Our firm provides full services to our clients, from the acquisition and servicing of large companies through the purchase of their homes. We offer our clients the benefits of attorneys with a great variety of professional experience and the availability of a pool of different, yet practical approaches. The interplay and interaction between our professional staff helps draw on the varied talents of the entire firm. We stress the ability to listen to our clients before rendering advice. We are experienced enough to provide the necessary expertise to handle sophisticated matters, yet small enough to maintain a close relationship with our clients and to deal with all matters efficiently.
Our firm is rated “AV” by the Martindale-Hubbell Rating System, denoting its highest rating in legal ability and faithful adherence to the professional standards and ethics of the legal profession. We are also listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
STATEMENT OF CLIENTS’ RIGHTS
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyer’s office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge).
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.